If your air conditioner suddenly stops working, it’s best to get professional help, as you might cause more damage if you try to fix the problem yourself.
Most AC repairs have better outcomes if they’re done immediately, as you might just end up spending more money if you leave the problem.
Air Conditioner Repair in San Antonio, TX lists the signs that will make you aware your AC needs to be repaired.
If your system has stopped working completely, you’re going to have to get a technician to diagnose it.
If it’s making grinding or shrieking noises it’s vital to get a professional to look at it as soon as possible.
The louder the noise is, the worse the problem usually is. It’s advisable to get most AC problems diagnosed by a technician.
Signs That You Need To Get Your AC Fixed
The following signs are telling you that it’s time to get your air conditioner fixed:
- If your energy bills increase, it’s usually a sign that your AC needs repairs. This is usually not an emergency, but it will save you some money if you get your system sorted out as soon as possible. If your energy bill shoots up suddenly it could mean there’s a problem with the thermostat or ductwork. The worst-case scenario is that you might have to replace your system.
- Strange noises could indicate a mechanical problem, and you should get your system looked at. If you hear clunking sounds, it could mean the fan inside the system is hitting against something. This is usually easy to fix, but it could also shorten the lifespan of your system if you put off the repairs.
- Another bad sign is if your system suddenly starts blowing hot air. Your unit could be running low on refrigerant, or there could be an issue with your compressor.
- If you see pooled water around your AC, it means it’s not running properly. Get professional help immediately, as leaks could damage your home.
- If your AC can’t keep the moisture levels down, and you experience humidity indoors, it’s also time to get the problem diagnosed by professionals.
- Call a technician if your HVAC system is emitting an unpleasant smell. Your AC might need a tune-up or a complete cleaning session.
- Your air conditioner should not be cycling on and off continuously, and the cooling cycles should remain routine, irrespective of the weather. It will turn on more frequently on extremely hot days. Your system might only need a tune-up, or you might have to replace it.
- If your air conditioner doesn’t switch on, it could be due to a number of different issues. Get a technician to assist you as soon as possible.
- If you’re experiencing insufficient airflow in your home, it’s also a sign that your AC isn’t working properly, or there is a blockage somewhere that is preventing the air from moving through the ductwork. Your AC could have a clogged air filter or a broken motor.
If you’re on a tight budget you might think your best option is to repair the system yourself, but if you cause damage, you’ll have bigger expenses in the long term. Consider calling a technician to at least diagnose the problem.
You can then get a quote and see what repairs you can afford. Some HVAC companies might be able to provide you with financing options to have your heating repair.